How does it work?
Forward SMS Messages/Text Messages that are received on a mobile device to your REST API Server / Other device / E-Mail Address
Run this application on your device and any message that is received by your mobile device will be forwarded to your rest web API (or other target)
You can configure the application to use GET or POST actions when accessing the API server
You can use this App to forward up to 50 SMS messages to your API server. After that you will have to buy a license that will allow the App to be used for any number of SMS messages. The price is 8.8$ - One time payment, no monthly payment
Note that in order to install this App you will have to allow installing Apps from "unknown sources". why?
"RECEIVE_SMS","READ_SMS","SEND_SMS","WRITE_SMS": to be able to grab the SMS messages that are received by the device.
"FOREGROUND_SERVICE","WAKE_LOCK": to be able run as a service.
"INTERNET" : to be able to send the message to your API server.
Example server side code (API.jsp):
Example server side code (API.php):
When the application first starts the target URL for the Rest API is our example page:
If you just want to test that SMS forwarding is working do the following:
* Leave the "example" url as is
* Activate the APP.
* Send a message to yourself
* Browse to http://forward-sms-to-rest-api.com/sms-example.txt
There you will see the last message that was sent to your phone.
Make sure you change this URL to your own API server
You will have to enable "Install From Unknown Sources" to install the App on your device
Images Of The Apps Pages
- Main Page (GET)
- Main Page (POST)
- Logs Page
- Advanced Menu
Google have changed their policy about apps that need to recive text messages. This kind of app
no longer can exist in google play because google demands that this app will be the default SMS handler which is not logical.
When you have a web site that sends text messages and you want to process the responses of the clients you may need this kind of app. A good example (legitimate example) for a use case is as follows:
1. You are a wedding manager and you send text messages to potential guests for the wedding to check if they plan on coming or not.
2. You want to process the responses programatically and not manualy, so you need to get the responses to your web site.
1. "SMS Forwarding To Rest API" forwards all incoming text messages to the rEST endpoint provided in the main screen configuration page.
2. "SMS Forwarding To Rest API" stores locally on the device a list of all message and phone number that where forwarded to the rEST API
This list is visible at the "logs" tab.
3. "SMS Forwarding To Rest API" does not send or share the data to any other endpoint apart from the one provided by the user in the main configuration tab.
4. User can clear the forwarding logs at any time from the logs tab. "SMS Forwarding To Rest API" does not store the data in other places.
Video that explains how to use the Forward SMS to API App
How to control multiple "Forward SMS to API" Apps from a single point
Fill The Form Below
Kefar Saba, Israel